HybridZ

Swing Low Sweet Chariot...

Bad dog has a new lower stance:

P4170016.jpg

P4170017.jpg

P4170021.jpg

WMBMW-NHMS.jpg

New camber plates installed this winter. Lower ride height. Corner balanced within 100lbs or so.

Setup (per John Coffeys recommendations):

I'm running 225-50ZR15 tires:

Front:

Camber: 3.1 neg

Toe: 1/8" out

Ride height: 5 1/2"

Rear:

Camber: 2.5 neg

Toe: 1/8" in

Ride height: 5 3/4"

I played around with the Tokico HTS strut damping, but didn't really notice much difference. I've got them set 3 turns out now. Front springs are 375lb, rears are 350lb

Car turns much better. The event I did Friday was just a practice day. I'll have to wait until the next time trial event to see if I am in fact going faster :mrgreen:

Looks great! Thanks for posting the geometry and specs. Most of the time people leave out this important info when describing their setups. What swaybars are you using?

Are you going to make the Convention this year? I am planning on being there for a few days.

Guest 280ZForce
The HPs are infinitely adjustable, and have heavier duty valving (at least that is what I remember). John Coffey at Beta Motorsports can chime in and give more details.

I think you mean the HTS right? that's what I've got on my Z as well, just have yet to run them.

Pete, the car looks great.

One question for you,

Have you tried running your 350lb springs up front and 375lb on the rear?

I just wanted to get some feed back on the comparison between that and your current setup (F:375, R: 350)

My current setup is stiffer rear and after extensive front end stiffening im considering making the front stiffer.

No, I have not run the softer springs in the front. The spring heights are different in the front vs. rear, so I can't get the proper ride height if I swap them.

What springs are you running front/rear?

No, I have not run the softer springs in the front. The spring heights are different in the front vs. rear, so I can't get the proper rid height if I swap them.

What springs are you running front/rear?

I'm been running 300 front and 350 rear and Koniis.

Just wondering if it would be worth me time to switch them around...

I'm been running 300 front and 350 rear and Koniis.

Just wondering if it would be worth me time to switch them around...

What is your doing - not doing as expected? Is there some sort of behavior you are trying to correct? Is it unstable at certain speeds or when braking?

What is your doing - not doing as expected? Is there some sort of behavior you are trying to correct? Is it unstable at certain speeds or when braking?

The car was manageable to drive, I just want to get out of turns faster.

Also, Recently Iv'e done a bit of chassis reinforcing overall improving the front.