HybridZ

My new 4" Downpipe for HE351CW

jeffer949

Well i bit the bullent and made a 4 inch down pipe instead of trying to mess with making a 4 inch pipe go into a 3 inch dp in a matter of inches. Ill reduce it after the dp to connect to my exhaust. Its not the prettiest thing but i think it should work. i still need to weld on my o2 bung tomorrow but that will take 5 min. well what do you think?

DSC01071.jpg

DSC01072.jpg

Guest 280ZForce

i swear everyone jumps the 4" downpipe bandwagon after I do it lol... looks good though. The middle bend isn't pretty but it'll work just fine.

Honestly its not easy to get that 4 inch dp in there with the stock manifold. Your manifold sits the turbo closer to the fender to where you can have a straight shot at it. with mine you have to position the first 45deg bend towards the fender and then come back 15 degrees or so and then try and get your next 45 bend on it. i had to cut and reweld the last bend like 5 times to get it to clear nicely and be pointed in a respectable direction. And i didnt do it because you did i just did it because i didnt have the cast elbow that comes with it. But then again i did look at your pictures before i made mine lol. I just wish i had a tig so i could buy stainless and weld that nice and pretty!!! I hate my 150buck flux core welder!!!!!

Guest 280ZForce

my manifold doesn't really make it easier... my downpipe has really really tight tolerances. Like less than 1/8" from both steering shaft and from the block/transmission adaptor.

I don't know how you get the to clear everything, but that setup looks awsome!

Why do you think it is still on the engine hoist and not in the car? LOL. Just Kidding J. Soileau, look very nice and I'm sure you'll get it too fit, if you haven't already.

Jeffer949, dump pipe looks good, I don't think it will ever be your restriction.

Why do you think it is still on the engine hoist and not in the car? LOL. Just Kidding J. Soileau, look very nice and I'm sure you'll get it too fit, if you haven't already.

Joel took himself and that awesome setup on a 800mile road trip to the last DNI shootout.. The setup is purely awesome!!

Jeff, That DP looks massive!!. Cannot wait to see it in the Z.

Great job man!

Joel took himself and that awesome setup on a 800mile road trip to the last DNI shootout.. The setup is purely awesome!!

Yeah? I was just giving him a ribbing, no harm meant. Just the way you get when you grow up with 4 older brothers