HybridZ

junkyard engine check-list

SleeperZ31

okay, i know i said id never do a turbo swap, but since the vg33er i was looking at has been sold:evil: and the good Lord seems to have it in his mind to keep me from ever doing a supercharged swap, i went wandering through yet another junkyard for window louver mounts (Havelocks where z cars go to die for some reason, close to 7 junkyards in less than 20 sq. miles) and i found a complete *supposedly* 78k mile vg30et with everything but the ecu for 700$ this seems too good of a deal so i need to know what i should look for and check on a junkyard motor, and how to tell what year this motor was built! id hate to pay 700$ for it and get it home to do a leak-down test only to find out it would make a better boat anchor than a motor..lol..thanks for reading, and please help!

Also, how difficult is a turbo motor swap into a 87' zx?

its definently a turbo motor, everythings bolted to the block and the intake plenum plates says "turbo 3000" and after checking redz31 i found the difference between the 88-89 t25 and the 84-87 t3 setup, so ill print pictures and go check it again....any idea where i can get a ecu for it?