HybridZ

Data Logger Users

Mayolives

Data Logger Users

Two of the most popular and affordable data acquisition systems for race cars that I have seen in use are the GX2 and the Traqmate. Both are GPS based, and are similarly priced. I have talked with satisfied users of both systems and would like to purchase one when the eagle lands again. Are there any opinions out there in HybridZ land as to why one system may be better that the other?

Gary helps me with the G2X!!!

jt

Yea, Now if you'll get someone to remind you to put the SD card in and turn it on you'll be golden.

I'll be happy to send my G2x unit with jt, that way you both can have data from when your chasing each other around.

gary

Gray spent some time with me showing what the G2x could do. Looks like it would take a little time for me to get familar with the software. I was impressed with what could be done and how I could never lie again about how fast I was if the G2x was in my car.

Have fun and get some video of John going thru the kink!

Gary helps me with the G2X!!!

jt

Edit: You can run mine next week if you will rig up a 12V power supply so I don't have to crawl my fat ass behind your passenger seat.

JT1.....How does the unit connect to my power source? What type of connector is used?

When we hooked it up at the UTCC, we wired a cig lighter to your battery, and plugged the power cord into the lighter socket. We can do that again, I still have the socket. All we need is 12V. It's just tough to get to your battery.

Did I email you that data?

jt

When we hooked it up at the UTCC, we wired a cig lighter to your battery, and plugged the power cord into the lighter socket. We can do that again, I still have the socket. All we need is 12V. It's just tough to get to your battery.

Did I email you that data?

jt

Power for jt1's socket is the quick/easy way for a temporary connection. The unit comes a power connector that can be hardwired to a switch on your dash. The connector also has a tach signal connection.

The neat thing about the G2X is that you can add almost any kind of data channel you can measure. My next project is to hook up my throttle position sensor. I need to convince folks I am flat out in the kink.

smartass BMW lurker