HybridZ

Fusible links swap question.

So I burned out my fusible links on my 260zT...

2vd30yg.jpg

14uxdoy.jpg

Here are the pictures, sorry about the size and quality. They're cell phone pictures. It looks like it was still running the original 260z fusible links system, I know the car was swapped for an NA 81 engine which was then made into a turbo. My main question is can I use the fusible links off my 79? I was searching around and I saw a write up on switching over to maxifuse but I don't have a lot of money and time and as this is my DD I'm trying to get this fixed as soon as possible. Will my 79's work? They look entirely different and have been a headache to remove...they're actually not even out yet.

9s5njb.jpg

23mk3dz.jpg

210gfol.jpg

And here's where the actual headache actually starts, right under the passenger side under the dash over by the fuses:

slscbr.jpg

Thanks for your response, Joe.

Unfortunately I'm already in the hole with this one and I still have to pay a ticket and my insurance so buying the kit wouldn't be a good idea at the moment. Not to mention it would take a very long time for me to even get the kit in the mail. I'm assuming the kit can be duplicated for a lot cheaper. Guess I'll have to do some more searching to see if anyone's duplicated anything similar and actually made a write up on it.

Late model GM products come with Maxi-Fuse blocks for their high power distribution items. They are blocks of like, 8 or more maxi fuses, but its a junkyard source of parts for you to put things back together again.

Click on The link that reads "fusible links blow" in my sig to read what happened to me after Hurricanes Frances and Jeanne!! Looks ALOT like your car! (and I haven't driven her since! :( )

Dang man, thanks for the info. I just put in a 12 hour work day yesterday so I think I'll be able to afford the box from atlantic, but I'm going to try mine's first from the 280zx, just been to busy with finals and school in general.

Hope you can get your car started, hurts to see the car end up like that. But hey if you don't wanna work on it I'll buy some stuff off ya if you're willing to part it out.