HybridZ

aluminum driveshaft?

z ya

I had one built for my rx-7 at the local drive shaft shop no probs at all I just gave them my old one with the fragged u-joints and picked up the alum one later that day the even put in bigger spicer joints and charged my about 200 bucks and I really like it it seems to spin up a lot faster.

------------------

rx7260z@yahoo.com

Speed Power Performance& Style. What else is there?

Lone, your move on the driveshaft was strictly your decision and not a JTR advisement, right? What made you decide on the lumi shaft and not the steel one? More importantly: what did that sucker cost?!!? If it's not too bad, I may opt for one too...

Thanks,

David

Guest Anonymous

smile.gif , nah no JTR ad. To be honest, I asked for a driveline, and my parts guy at the chevy wreckers (Rancho Chevy) gave me this one when I picked up my tranny. It was merely coincidence that it was aluminum. He threw it in with my T56 changeover. Sacramento Driveline specialties did the shortening and put my Neapco adapter on and balanced, total from them 118.00.

Its a nice piece and if you can get one cheaply, it might be a consideration.

The above companies mentioned (heck even JTR) get a free plug, they did me proud with all the stuff I got from them, now if I could only say the same about Carparts.com on a recent order... (dumb, they left off part of my address and I had to go to UPS to get my stuff, they're reply was 'I donno, it was on your order, call UPS maybe you can get your stuff!' That is not what I call good customer service, they should have called and corrected it themselves, since they screwed it up and didn't put the right address on the shipping label...) Oh well. Sorry to vent....

Regards,

Lone

------------------

http://datsun240v8z.virtualave.net/index.html