HybridZ

electro/hydrolic rear hatch lifter

HayaiZ

Has anyone made or installed a hatch lifter? I'm thinking about making almost everything on my Z automatic! That means shaved doors, pop locks, push start ignition, the works! Well... I gotta save up a lot for all that, but it'll be super clean when it's done!

Anyways, I was wondering about the newer SUVs and their automatic hatch openers. Anybody done this? Or know of someone who makes a kit?

I used stuff from SPAL http://www.spalusa.com/

I have their power window kit

Their central locking system with alarm and one of their auxiliary fans.

I'm really happy with the quality of their stuff. I plan on incorporating one of their door poppers into my hatch release. I did away with my door lock cylinders but kept my door handles.

Derek

I am thinking about doing something similar to the rear hatch, but my idea is simply to use a hatch release and put some stronger hatch shocks in the back similar to the ones on a 4-Runner or possibly like the use on some of the Honda/Acura hoods that slowly push it open once released. This is much cheaper than finding a linear actuator that will have the right stroke length, rate, and force level. The hatch release will be operated by the trunk release button on the alarm system. The alarm would still be wired in to the hatch so if someone tried opening it either of the two sides would set it off. The locking mechanism is the only part that needs some work still.

• 9 months later...
Has anyone made or installed a hatch lifter? I'm thinking about making almost everything on my Z automatic! That means shaved doors, pop locks, push start ignition, the works! Well... I gotta save up a lot for all that, but it'll be super clean when it's done!

Anyways, I was wondering about the newer SUVs and their automatic hatch openers. Anybody done this? Or know of someone who makes a kit?

Did you end up doing it?? It's been a couple months now! I just bought some spauls for my door and couple months ago and it looks like it would work well the the s30 door.