HybridZ

Not Technical, really, just a Statement about the MS.

Tony D

In preparation for MSA this year, I had to move some cars. The red 260ZT project I had hoped to get going last year had literally sat for a full year without being touched. Last year I'd filled with a mix of 91 and 100 octane, and had about 1/2 a tank left when it was parked the week before MSA last year.

Wednesday of last week, to get access to my wife's 260Z (the Blue Turd) I had to move the thing. I was dreading the startup process after being idle for so long.

I put a used redtop ultima battery on the fender, connected the terminals, and turned the key for the priming pulse, then cranked the car.

Fired up immediately and went to fast idle. I moved off immediately, and drove the car about 1/8 mile from the back of the property to my new concrete 'project pad' up behind the house. The thing ran flawlessly, and really suprised me that the MS was running so well. I'd expected some stumbling, a pop or stall...but no such doing! Ran great, and hopefully, now that I'm laid off unexpectedly, I will have the time to finally COMPLETE this project. Picked up some Leather Supra Seats for it the day before I was notified of the termination, so they're bought and paid for.

After almost 6 years, I may FINALLY complete the project started as a MS1 with 8X8 tables on the Magnus original MS-N-S code!

Thanks to Z-ya for the diagnosis during the final portion of the CAS travails. I think at this point, given how superbly it started and ran I only have to concentrate on physical reassembly of the interior, and some 'sitting in the SoCalSun' cosmetic refurbishment.

I hope to have it ready for some of the shows remaining this summer...

Unless I get a J-O-B and have to tie up my time with more tedious things.:burnout:

Tony,

Great to here it fired right up! I know the feeling about being out of work, I was out for about 4 months in 2006. I got a lot of projects done, but not having money to burn, forces you be extra creative. I restored/replaced the interior of my 78' during that time. Soap and water, glue, and vinyl die are cheap. The resulting interior restoration came out great.

Good luck on the job hunt!

Pete