HybridZ

wont start

l28t260z

hey guys, i been looking for thread that can help me but no luck... i have a l28et in my 260z... custom intake, fuel pressure regulator, upgraded turbo.... i took the engine apart to put new gaskets and to paint the engine bay... Put everthing back and start the car sounded beautiful... no problems... i turn up the boost to 10psi ran like a champ... drove it up on the driveway and turn off right when i put it N. NOW IT WONT START... I have a half tank of gas, lots of spark... computers is on. It turns over, but it just wont start:frown:

Considering you just put it back together, I would unplug and replug things back in one at a time and re-fire. Just to insure all your connections are good.

Sometimes it can be very simple wire.

i still cant get it started... when i took off the fuel rail with the injectors it sounded like it was going to start, but didnt fire up... does the computer have to stay on when i turn the key? i dont remember if it does.

My feeling is if it ran fine and is not now, then it is fuel related. Especially if you've checked all your connections, getting spark, etc.

Suck some gas into a syringe. Remove the breather hose that connects to the valve cover and to the intake and shoot half of the syringe of gas towards the intake. (Some how physically get gas into the intake.)

If it starts, runs for 10 secs or so and dies your not getting fuel.

Make sure you have a fire extinguisher handy just in case.

no luck guy's... :mad: I also checked the distributor, but that wasnt it...

i took out the spark plugs and they looked very black with alot of gas on the tip, but i also have alot of spark. ever since i cleaned up my wiring I got more spark...

no luck guy's... :mad: I also checked the distributor, but that wasnt it...

i took out the spark plugs and they looked very black with alot of gas on the tip, but i also have alot of spark. ever since i cleaned up my wiring I got more spark...

If they are to black (Fowled) it won't start either. Did you clean them or throw a new set in?

souldnt it be at 35-45 psi??? well i checked my fuel return line and its seems to be ok... i turned the fuel down , but still wont start. could it be the wiring harness??? i have the 81 harness on their now that one with the dropping resistor...i just bought a 83 wiring harness on ebay and going to be changing it today...

Suck some gas into a syringe. Remove the breather hose that connects to the valve cover and to the intake and shoot half of the syringe of gas towards the intake. (Some how physically get gas into the intake.)

If it starts, runs for 10 secs or so and dies your not getting fuel.

Make sure you have a fire extinguisher handy just in case.

Why not disconnect your fuel pump for a second and give this method a shot. If this works you know it is fuel related.

Or try and start it like it is. If it gets flooded, then disconnect the pump and see if it wants to start.

To much pressure will cause it to run rich and will be very hard to start. Your AFM is good?

ok i tried it and it does the same-thing... wont start.

before i changed the harness i took my light test to check every wire on the 81 turbo harness and all my grounds were grounded all wiries seem ok (12 volts). except one... on the plug for the AFM their are four wires, three of them are together and one is to the left or right depending how your looking at the plug. that one is getting negative and positive at the same time.???

so i took out both of my harnesses (stock and turbo) and everything was ok. then i changed the 81 harness to the 83.

i spend hours on the forums trying to figure out how to wire 83 EFI harness and now it wont get spark and that same wire still has - and +

Now i went back a step... what do i do???

• 2 weeks later...