HybridZ

D.I.Y engloids plenum

Anyone know of good sites and pics on how to do a proper engloids plenum for a vg30(e)? redz31.com is very sparse on the subject, ive got all the proper bits for my dremel and its set at the proper speed for aluminum cutting/porting, i just need a basic guidline so i dont f**k it up...

Ok so i've picked up the plenum today, holy crap i never really knew how restrictive these things are till i got into it, and ive come up with an awesome idea or so I think, instead of using aluminum to cover it back up im using high-strength lexan!

Ive seen it done before, including on a home-built centrifugaly supercharged lexus sc400, pretty cool looking and tough too, im a cook and most of our cookwear is lexan and its stood up to fire,microwaves, and getting tossed around for over 10 years with little wear and tear, I figured ill score and sand the area to be mated to the plenum and use the best gasket sealant i can find...and another plus is that drilling the holes to run the bolts through should be alot easier to see and do...ill try n' post a pic of the finished product as soon as its done, as far as i know itll be the first clear top engloids plenum on a Z, or so im hoping : )

"Fire in the intake manifold?" you sure? the only condition under which i think there would be fire in the intake would be a missfire, which has never happened to my Z yet, besides, alot of manufacturers use plastic intakes, and have been for years.

no physical heat such as a flame should ever make its way into the intake, unless of course your talking about the EGR system, which i could understand,but if the egr poured that much heat into the manifold wouldnt it ignite the fuel-air charge before compression? anyways, maybe i should ditch the lexan idea and just stick to aluminum for now...and thanks Tofu for that good bit of constructive critisism, woulda sucked if i bolted it all up only to have molten lexan F**k up my motor..ha...but seriosly check the supercharged lexus sc400 video, its got a lexan-top intake, howd he get away with that?