HybridZ

my new 260z

whats up i just bought my first z its a 1974 260z with the l26 motor the last owner switched it from a 4-speed to a 5.it also has some rust on the hood and back hatch? I have more than 1 question.

1. i paid 3000 is that to much or a good deal?

2. whats the easiest way for about 40 more hp with out a swap?

3. i dont see to many 260s are the some what rare?

4. where is the best place to get replacement parts? like the insidedoor panels and dash? any help on any of these questions would help greatly!!

here are some crappy pics

DCP_3024_thumb.jpg

DCP_3026_thumb.jpg

DCP_3025_thumb.jpg

As a fellow 260 owner getting 40hp more w/o some type of engine swap is going to be hard to do.

I switched to a 280 block, N42 head with mild cam with dual SU carbs and barely got into the low 160s rwhp.

I have my car stripped out for track use only so I have all my interior pieces,less dash, if you do not want to buy brand new. Just drop my a pm.

The 260 is rare only due to the fact they made it only 1 year.

Tom

whats up i just bought my first z its a 1974 260z with the l26 motor the last owner switched it from a 4-speed to a 5.it also has some rust on the hood and back hatch? I have more than 1 question.

1. i paid 3000 is that to much or a good deal?

It really doesn't matter at this point your already out the 3K. Just enjoy the car. :-D If your happy, you got a great deal.

2. whats the easiest way for about 40 more hp with out a swap?

Quickly, Nitrous, but for the money you spend on the kit, you could easily buy a 280zx Turbo motor and harness and do the swap.

I really think any decent upgrades are going to cost you more than finding 280zx turbo motor and swaping it.

-Headers, exhaust system, cam, different Carbs, ignition.

3. i dont see to many 260s are the some what rare?

Yes, they are more rare, especially the thin bumper ones. Are they worth more? Maybe, it all depends on the buyer.

4. where is the best place to get replacement parts? like the insidedoor panels and dash? any help on any of these questions would help greatly!!

here are some crappy pics

See above