HybridZ

1981 280zx non-turbo engine problems

Guest Unkn0wN21

Guest Unkn0wN21

Earlier this week i replaced the head gasket for my engine. I had to disconnected all injectors, hoses, spark plugs, etc... to have enough room to take the engine apart. After fixing that and all parts back where they belong, the engine is having trouble running. Whenever i give it some gas it tries to die on me and backfires alot. Checked idle and timing, everything seems normal. It idles at about 1000rpm but will not go above that when gas is given to it. I looked to see if i forgot any connections but all of them seem to be connected. If any of yall could help me with this issue it would be greatly appreciated!

-Vince

throttle position sensor? air boot between AFM and TB? massive vacumn leak? fuel system clogged? broken wire on tps? just throwing stuff out there to try to get you started. Because you had it apart, then it won't run right, something happened during reassembly or isn't put back right. Double check all your work.