HybridZ

Loud intake whistling problem

Alright guys, I figured out how to eliminate the whistle noise, but I was wondering if what I'm doing to stop the whistle is bad for the engine.

I figured out that if I squeeze shut the vacuum hose that runs between the intake (just behind the throttle body on the passenger side) and the passenger side valve cover, the whistle goes away and it continues to run fine. Is this bad for the engine to block off those ports? What does that hose usually do? other than make my car whistle!

So, the question is, will it do any harm if I eliminate the hose?

Input very much appreciated,

Thanks,

John

Must be a Chinese part. They put poison in our dog food, lead in our kid's toys, and now whistles in our vacuum lines...where will it end!!!You can block off that line without any problems, I'm fairly certain anyway. The LT1 guys do.

Good news, I fixed the problem! I think what I did is ok, let me know if it isn't.

I disconnected the hose from the intake and plugged that hole (on the passenger side), and I put a breather/catch can on the valve cover side of the hose, runs the same and no whistle!

Thanks for the help guys, and if there is a problem with what I did, please let me know because I really don't want to harm the engine.

Thanks again,

John