HybridZ

Secrets for removing & installing panels

GeeZ

I had to remove the plastic body panel to get to the antenna. Antenna is fixed, so now time to re-install the panel. The panel was already cracked from someone's previous effort. I removed the seat belt mount to remove the panel and the hatch floor panels to get a good shot at the panel. I got it out but having a hell of time putting it back in. It would be great to be able to remove the hatch strut mounts.

Anyone have some time saving suggestions. Searched both here and Zcar.com and can't find any posts.

Thanks for any help.

If memory serves me these panels only go on in one order. And I think that one is first which means you may have to remove them all. You might get lucky and be able to tuck it under the forward panel. But you still need to unblot the hatch strut to get in it without breaking it. Oh yeah, removing the strut is a bitch too, but at lease that one is easier than the passenger side. Support the hatch before you remove the strut, one strut will not hold it up, don't ask how I know that, LOL.