HybridZ

LSD options for 240Z

Guest Anonymous

Havok, use the search function and look under "rear end", "rear end alternatives", "Q45 rear diff", and such. There was a thread earlier this year dealing with that. A Zer named Mark is running one on his car and he included some pics if memory serves me correctly. Mike Kelly was the one that started the thread I think. HTH

Davy

i think vette irs is cheaper than q45 swap, just need to change splines on the cvs and boom-posi rear have no fear baby! mounts would have to change, but hey, motor mounts had to change too right?? choice of gear ratios, posi, did i say posi already?

Guest Anonymous

i want an LSD preferable the VLSD out of the 88 300ZX but thats so rare, what else can i use, i heard i could put a r230 out of an infinity Q45? modified CV shafts could this be down? how much is it just for the diff? what gears are available.

Last time I checked a Quaiffe was 1400. The clutch type is 700 through msa and it is the nesmo that nissan sells for 800. A vlsd carrier out of a 90& newer 300 will fit in a 87-89 housing using ujoint half shafts. I wrote this up awhile back and using the search feature you should be able to find it, there was not much intrest at the time. icon_confused.gif

The thing is that you can not use the standrd 280-300 <89 R200 shafts that fit into the carrier. You have to use the vlsd shafts as the are diffrent lengths from the older ones. Then the cv cup gets cut off and a small plate is welded on. The next step using a transfer punch mark and drill the holes for the halfshaft to bolt up to. The carrier takes the 12mm bolts of the later R200 87-89 . The avantage is the 90 & newer R200 VLSD is they are pretty easy and cheap to find. E-mail me if you want to find out more. Tools used are, metal saw, wire feed welder, metal lathe to true up surface to weld and cut the ring for halfshaft raised ring

Don

[ July 03, 2001: Message edited by: Dp351zcar ]

I could not use paranthese and I don't know why the last lines are in diffrent type icon_eek.gif

[ July 03, 2001: Message edited by: Dp351zcar ]