HybridZ

neo rb 25 or turbo L6 in 280zx

kvansic162

If I can get a neo rb25det($2700.00 with the tranny and everything needed) vs puting a turbo on my N/A L6 for about the same money..... ( oh and my tranny I have now needs to go because it is gridding) what would you do? It is a show car.....I don't race it but power is nice. Helpful suggestions would be nice, rude comments aren't. :mrgreen:

I think you are missing a few things, like installation fabrication and lots of new parts. Have you factored in those parts for the RB? You say everything needed... Most people see that as, it will bolt right in to my car right? I mean unless you are getting a set of rick wong mounts, mickinney mounts and a driveshaft with the engine set.

Turboing your L would prove to be less costly and pretty much a bolt in affair.

By all means though if you have the funds, do the RB swap!

rb25 is a bullet proof platform, parts availability is getting much better...but why a neo rb25? I don't have any first hand experience with them but many guys on the 240sx forums said they are a headache as far as wiring goes (and some other issues I can't remember off the top of my head) and really not worth the extra trouble(I assume your planning on using a standalone? that may change things a bit), I'd just stick with a pre-neo rb25...you could get into a motorset or possibly even a clip for well under $2700