HybridZ

Which brand/type of tires

akeller

Hello,

I'll be finishing my Z pretty soon - if the stars align just right!

For 2 yrs, I've been planning to use BFG g-force TA/KD tires based on research in magazines, etc - Grassroots Motorsports magazine did an article comparing different brands and types that rated these best with the possible exception of "in the wet" were I don't plan to be. Now, a lot of development has taken place in 2+ yrs and I don't know which tires to buy.

The car will be used mostly on the street but there will be limited high speed track club events and autocross events.

Your opinion would really be appreciated.

Sizes will be 315 35 17 rear and 275 40 17 front.

Thank you,

Al

I ended up buying BFG KD's in 255/40/17 and 275/40/17 about 2 months ago after doing a pretty hefty amount of research. Apparently the BFG KD line is being phased out and I got the fronts on close out for $160 each on tirerack.com and a pair of new 275/40/17's off a distributor on Ebay for $300 shipped, he was also emptying his inventory. Was a smoking deal, but I would of probably bought the KD's for full price based off of what I have READ about them. I have not run them yet. Thats just my result after researching too much.

I dont know about the two of you but when Ive rolled my bare metal restoration 240z around on the BFG-KD for the last year in the shop they corner great. I guess there are three of us waiting to see how they work.

• 2 months later...