HybridZ

L28et conversion MSII question

bianski

Is it possible to use a 77 NA Wiring harness to run a turbo setup with MSII?

the NA car is almost stock i want to put a turbo on it and i heard that MSII

would be good to run my car safer and be better for future modifications? and

i was also wondering how hard it is to use because i know very little about

tuning? I just dont want my car down forever becuse im trying to get it up

and running but could wait a month or 2 if megasquirt would help that much

and also i was wondering if you could use MSII with the NA dizzy??

thanks

I am new too with this stuff, But I am going with other wiring harnesses. I am also using My original distributer. I have locked it as per other threads on this site. If You have a dual..get rid of the red and green. The point is to have one. Brown and green in My case. I locked up the advance with a screw through the two plates where the phase lines are, and JB welded the spring advance slots. No vacuum advance. Eliminate this. Actually all advance. The msII does it for You. RS motorsports has the best deal on the harness 50$ or so. Hope this helps. Roger

don't waste your time. Build a new harness for the MSII. Your old harness is just that. OLD. Dry, Brittle, Corroded. And poorly made compaired to the wire available today.

Typically if you use your old harness for the MS you will experiance alot of little glitches that will drive you crazy and probably end up damaging the MS.

Also. Even tho you don't have to. You should! Use the MS relay box too. It protects the MS, has new type relays and fuses and is not 30+ years old.

just build a harness, the stock harness is set to use the AFM and no AIT, you can run the stock AFM but one of the benefits of MS is to ditch it, and yes you can fire with the stock n/a distributoryou just gotta set it up that way, sounds like you got a lot of reading to do

If you can swing it, the generic harness from DIY Autotune works great. I had to run additional wires but that's because of all the additional bells and whistles I added. The harness is color coded and each wire is printed with it's function. Sell the original EFI harness on ebay if it's still good. In my case, I sacrificed a 280Z harness and the 280ZX harness. I cut off and reused some of the connectors for a clean looking swap.

Bianski,Wanted to make clear what I did with the distributer. Late night blogging with a few beers sometimes lacks for clarity. I used the screw at the phase markings to lock into the bottom plate after drilling a hole in the bottom plate. The threaded hole on the top acts as a locking washer. The bottom accepts the screw at fairly flush. I then JB welded the bottom for further security. This eliminates vacuum advance. All the above comments are right on, and I am going to get a stim board as well to get an idea of how the unit is going to work in reality. Roger