HybridZ

computer swap advice needed...

Ok, so I just got this car a few weeks ago and here's my situation. It's the origional N42 block and head(rebuilt around 50K miles ago) with a turbo conversion that was done in the 80's. It is running the stock computer with some band aids to make it run with the turbo(coolant temp sensor pot, fuel regulator, and mybe a tweeked AFM). Needless to say my mileage sucks. I am planning on MSnS when I get the time, place, and budget. For now I'd like to swap to a 280ZXT computer. What all do I need to do it? I tried searching, and didn't see this scenario in there. Maybe I'm not searching for the right thing.:hs: I know I need the ecu, injectors, and harness. What else? Thanks for any help.

P.S. The elcheapo cold air intake I got on ebay is the best $42 bucks spent yet. It was running the stock airbox before. The improvement in throttle response and all round power is awesome.:mrgreen:

is it a L28ET motor? Or a turbo set up added to the L28 (na)? if it was done in the 80's I would think its a turbo set up that was added, since the turbo came in 81 and left in 83. If thats the case just go MsNs.

As much as I don't care for the MS, I would agree and say the MS is a great option in this scenario.

The option I'm going with is a little more involved in the retrofit of the ECM and harness, but I know the ECM I will be using well, and like to stick with what I know, and already have at my disposal. :mrgreen:

is it a L28ET motor? Or a turbo set up added to the L28 (na)? if it was done in the 80's I would think its a turbo set up that was added, since the turbo came in 81 and left in 83. If thats the case just go MsNs.

I would love to just go for it. My main issue with that is, this car is my DD and I don't have a garage, or really even a place to work on the car for any length of time. I know if I had what I needed, the zxt computer would drop in and work. When I go MSnS, there's gonna be more down time and on top of that I'll want to tweek and tune for a day or two before I drive it any distance. The other issue is budget. I can probably get a stock zxt computer and stuff cheap. The MSnS is going to be $400 minimum and that's if I build my own computer. I also don't really want to go there without a wide band O2 setup, so there's more money. So I basically want to do what big phil did in the beggining on his car, zxt stuff on a na motor. Maybe I should watch that 1st big phil video again......:?