HybridZ

300zxt cv axles in 280zx

dustin280zx

i've searched many things but could'nt find anything on a 300zxt cvs into a 280zx. Will they fit right in with the race flipped? It looks like the 4 bolt pattern stubs for the stock half shafts are about the same size and 4 bolt pattern on the cvs. I dont want to buy them to find out i'm wrong. Sorry if there is a thread about it, but i couldnt find it.

thanks,

Dustin

I have a 280zx. Only 280zx turbos came with cv's and from searching they're not as strong as Z31 shafts.
That statement is not true. Here in NZ we did not get the 280zx turbo but we have CV rear-end on all the series II 280zx fitted with R200's (manual's)

That statement is not true. Here in NZ we did not get the 280zx turbo but we have CV rear-end on all the series II 280zx fitted with R200's (manual's)

Well ok then, but my 1983 280zx l28E that came with nissan 5 speed and 3.9 open r200 has the 4 bolt halfshafts and not cvs. Will the 300zxt cv's bolt up in the car?

the only S130 I've seen with u-jointed shafts was a ZXR, at any rate the S130 pieces are plenty strong, and to run the Z31 pieeces I blieve you'd need some sustom fabbed flange adapters at teh cmpanion flange

S130 u-joint shafts strong enough to hold around 550 rwhp? I only want to have a 1.6 to 1.7 60' so I'm not too hard on the powertrain but I'll make it up on the other end.