HybridZ

[CA] Friends S14 Stolen.

75s30

Hey guys I know the Z community in Southern California is very big and I know all of us love our cars just like anyone else. One of my friends had his S14 stolen on Tuesday and I wanted to ask if you guys just could keep your eyes out. Here is the post from Zilvia.net for the the guys that are on it.

So I went into work like I normally did yesterday at around 1pm, left to go get some parts almost immediately and was back at around 2pm. Came out for my cig break at around 330ish and the car was still there. Came out for my lunch break at 6pm and it was gone. Looked up and down the parking lot hoping I just misplaced it, but no luck in that regard. I work at Best Buy in Fullerton (corner of harbor and imperial in Fullerton, CA), car was stole between 3 and 6pm, and no, Best Buy does not have exterior security cameras.

I had a basic alarm system, quick disconnect steering wheel and the greatest defense was leaving it as stock looking at possible and never posting up pictures or modification lists on any forums.

So here it is:

Engine bay:

1995 Nissan 240SX SE w/ sunroof. Originally white, repainted to Spirit-R Grey (Paint code 25G. Looks similar to the S13 gunmetal grey)

95 SR20DET w/ GT2871 .64AR turbo, stainless steel turbo lines

SARD FPR w/ stainless steel lines

Megan Turbo Manifold

Megan Turbo Elbow

Megan Flex downpipe

Megan Cat Delete

Fujitsubo Legalis-R Exhaust with pre-muffler delete

Hi-Pro Front Mount Intercooler (No BOV, hadn't installed it yet)

S15 430CC injectors

Summit Racing batter relocation kit (w/ battery box)

Westco battery

Interior:

S13SilviaGirl's custom JDM shift boot and ebrake boots

Momo steering wheel (not sure which one)

Abell Quick Disconnect steering wheel hub

Sparco 4pt buckle style harness (blue)

Sabelt 4pt buckle style harness (red)

Bride Brix II rewrapped in suede

S14 Digital Climate Control

Defi "Blue Racer" boost gauge

JDM DIN slot cup holders

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine 6.5" speakers x4

Old Alpine Amplifier

Suspension and Rims:

350Z 18" track edition wheels painted black w/ polish lip(one center cap still silver)

Tein SuperStreet Coilovers

Godspeed swaybars

Other:

S15 digital climate control unit in the back (no wiring harness, just headunit)

VIS OEM style CF hood painted to match the car

Aerocatch locking hood pins

ClearCorners.com LED turn signals, corner lights and side markers.

Probably a few other things I'm missing, but that's the main stuff. Police report already filed, insurance already contacted. So if you stole my car, please leave it somewhere public ASAP so the cops can find it as quickly as possible. I would like to get the insurance money as quickly as possible, as I don't have a second car and need to get one as soon as humanly possible so I can get to and from work.

If anyone has any information, please do give me a call at 626-224-2342, there is a sizeable cash reward for the person who's able to give me information regarding the theft of my car. Lets say ranging anywhere between $500 to $1500 depending on the quality of the lead, or if you prefer car parts, I can accommodate that as well.

Unfortunately there are no pictures of my car taken by my camera, as that was my primary defense, anonymity. However, I see now that that doesn't work.

Here is the link. http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=194615

Please if you could keep your eyes out for my friend that would be great. And PM me if you see anything. Thanks guys.

-Brian

If it's anything like the NZ black market in stolen cars, it will be stripped by now and the bits will show up in dibs and drabs under 10 or 15 different online auction usernames from different local areas.

They probably nicked it expecting a bunch of stuff they could flog quickly on the net and are chortling in delight at the thought of just how much MORE cash they will realise this time round.

Not very comforting, but I wouldn't get your hopes up to high. If it hasn't been found abandoned already after a wheel screaming joyride by punks who wanted to have fun but not break their own cars, it's likely gone for good.

Yeah I know. But still it's our S chasis brothers out there that are getting their cars stolen too. I'm not expecting much but for everyone in So-Cal to at least keep their eyes out. But I appreciate your insight. And I thank you much for it. Take care.

-Brian

My brother had a 93' Mustang Cobra stolen and it wasn't found until 2 years later as a cop was doing random plate checking at the state fair.

Of course the car was pretty thrashed, needed at least 5k worth of restortion to get the body and interior back to where they were, and probably a new motor.

There's always hope the car will be found, but the odds are against it.

Guest Black_MKII

that sucks man, especially after all of the work on it...

i really wish for you to find it...

i would advice you to head to all of the garage's in the area and tell them about it and give them your phone number and let them contact you when it shows up...

good luck man...

Rudypoochris- There is no point. He had so much money put into that car plus the illegal mods will just kill him.

Challenger- S13silviagirl makes her own shift/brake boots from Japanese fabric. They are actually really nice. Good quality too. "Technically" It's Japanese Domestic Market. And "Technically" it's custom. The JDM parts that you are talking about are from Japan that came with the original S14. I think....

EMWHYROHEN- Never Mind there are pictures of the car. He just posted on Zilvia.net. Here is a link. They are a bit old though.

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a35/everythingsbs/socal_imports/james/?start=all

Guest StaticX27

Hey guys, so like I'm the guy that had his car stolen (above).

I appreciate brian's help in posting this up for me, it really did kill me having my car stolen right from my work place. Its no consolation to me that at my particular Best Buy, we've had 3 stolen vehicles in the past couple of years, which means by now whoever is stealing these cars is most likely a seasoned professional at the whole thing. Not to mention that despite our constant requests for external security camera's, Best Buy has yet to answer the call of help from it's employees. Hell, I'm at the point where I can seriously write off working at Best Buy as a loss to me come tax season next year. I also have no doubts that my car is somewhere on cinder blocks waiting to be found by the police, but unfortunately, with no evidence to even go from, the police really have very little to do aside from throw it in their stolen car database and hope for the best.

As far as insurance goes, unfortunately, those parts are not covered. Whenever you make any changes to your car (aftermarket stereo, etc), you're supposed to go in and get the car reappraised (unknown detail to me), and then it would be carried under your insurance policy. There are also insurance policies that do cover aftermarket parts, but typically those plans do cost a bit extra for obvious reasons. I have absolutely no doubts I'm going to seriously take it hard on this car, and see probably pennies on the dollar spent on this vehicle. Unfortunate, but there's very little that I can do about it unfortunately. So my recommendation for ya'll is to make sure that you do have plenty of security on your car to make it as difficult as possible to steal, as we do all love our cars and have spent many days and nights working on them, all to much to deal with one day someone taking that in one fell swoop. It really was a depressing day for me, and is still affecting me pretty hardly. I may seem alright on the surface, but deep down there is a seriously vindictive side of me that wants to exercise street justice on those that commit these atrocities.

I didn't even mention other things that seriously matter to me, like my entire CD collection, my favorite leather jacket, my dickies jacket that I've had since high school, a few keepsakes from dead relatives, exgirlfriends and close friends. Money can be replaced, but certain things aren't replaceable by any means, however those things have no monetary value, or more accurately a monetary compensation value that will even compare to the actual loss to you.

I appreciate any help anyone can give me in finding the bastards who did this, so I can recoup my losses in any way possible, and I do wish everyone out there luck with their projects, god knows that losing this is one of the hardest things I've had to deal with in a long time.

Guest StaticX27

And yes, the designer shift boots are custom made with different types of JDM fabric. However, she's no longer in Japan, and production on these are on hold. Everyone goes for the camo, or the skull and crossbone look. No way, I went for the bunnies made out of the fabric that kimono's are made of.

I feel ya. A couple months ago, some one tried to swipe my 06 civic when I was buying groceries.

The guy pick pocketed my keys when I was looking through the magazines. I was walking towards my car as I realized it. I ran back to customer service (luckily there was no line) told them what happend and they brought up the cctv footage. I ran back to the car (again luckily I parked at the far end) and it was still there. Hid behind a ram 1500 and waited.

I heard the civic chirp and some jerk was running around with my keys pressing the lock button with who I assumed was his son.

I bust out with my iphone a took a pic. Guy asked if these were my key and said that I "dropped" them. I start cussing him out and that I have 2 proof of evidence and how stupid he was for even trying that when theres cctv all over. He threw the keys at me and ran away into the store. I go back to customer service and told them what happened and showed them the pic. the newbies working got a little fun that day.

The guy had a good 6 inches over me and I wished he would have given me a reason to throw down. I'm still pissed over it.

Hope your friend finds his car and in one piece.

Update on my friend up there StaticX27's car. It was recovered. But not in one piece. They took a lot of memorable things. His motor and tranny, his rims , seats, and steering wheel. The police were able to recover some of the things that the bandits left. But it still doesn't replace the memories and time that he worked on the car. I hope justice is brought upon the people that did steal his car. Thanks for everyones concern and keeping an eye out. We both really appreciate everyone in the car community and wish everyone the best for their projects. Thanks again guys.

-Brian