HybridZ

What do you think?

OK i know this is more of a performance-minded forum, but ive had this idea going through my mind for some time now, the paint (blue mist) on my z31 is pretty shot, and just isnt aggressive enough, what id really like to do is get it into a fresh coat of flat (or "olive" so to speak) black, with a full set of window louvers and some old school bullethole rims from American racing.....its got full tube headers, glass packs and is pending a set of stg 2 cams and engloids plenum, its already sounds badass i want it to look it too...f**k sleepers!

But yeah, theres just something about black primer's tough look that i love and the louvers/noisy ass glass pack-headers would make it look/sound like something from a camaro/mustang guys worst nightmares..lol...whadda ya think? get it redone in blue and keep it norm or :flamedevi primer? any ideas what a GOOD spray on either would cost?

the main reason im asking is that my father and few buds think it would look "ghetto", its my car i dont really give a f**k but honest opinions on this topic please, i know itd hurt the resale value, but so do miles and age and id rather worry about enjoying it not the money i could get off of it..

my ideal Z is this (unless I had all the money in the world)

beat to HELL. shoddy paint, primer everywhere, bondo spots in a few places, totally stripped out interior, only the required gauges working, mis-matched color body panels, but an engine built to DESTROY everythin and a suspension setup to make it handle like it's on rails

my thoughts exactly murd3r! prolly gonna do it here soon...post pics upon completion..

Trumpet, is that a series II supercharged regal? i had a '97 riviera supercharged, that motor is easily the best thing to have ever come out of GM, to bad they didnt make it rwd or offer it in 5-speed, or better yet have it as an f-body option...but a company online makes lotus 7 style kit cars based on the 3.8 and with the supercharged l67 motor the kit car does 0-60 in the 3-4 second range, i watched a vid and im still drooling..lol

yeah the holden commodore, i know, AND if you look hard enough theres a water to air plate style intercooler from that aussie mill for the 3.8 series II m90 supercharger, was gonna put it on my riv but decided to mod the Z instead...and what i meant was that the series II supercharged l67 shoulda been a option in the f-body, above the NA 3.8 and just below the lt1/ls1 options, woulda made a helluva mustang killer...your lucky though cuz the regal GS is actually the lightest of the coupe/sedan line from GM with the l67, and being a BUICK its a super-sleeper, surprized a few VTECs myself..lol

OH and i wholeheartidly agree, gas mileage SUCKs + premium 91+ only gas or it knocks out the ass..lol...at one point though i thought about doing a Bradley GT vw kit car with the l67, just imagine RWD 4-speed with 240 hp+ 280tq and a curb weight around 1500lbs..droool