HybridZ

Pics Of My CV Adaptor

Scottie-GNZ

quote:

Originally posted by jeromio:

The part that would be the
most
useful would be a complete stub axle flange. One just like the ZXt flange, except with the 27 splines instead of 25.

Agreed that would be useful, but very costly to do for our quantities. Jim's pieces, as described by Pete have been proven and documented. Hard to beat an item like that which is BOLT ON. I'm aware of a few looking for a bolt on solution they can buy (ie. they don't want to make it) so if their were ~10 or more I'm quite certain I could have it made for reasonable cost. The spool piece uses higher strength steel that's more costly but I still feel reasonable pricing should be achievable. Perhaps some members on other boards could ensure enough members. I'm NOT trying to distract from Scottie's piece. I know it doesn't fufill the needs of some wanting bolt on needs so figured I'd explore the cost of making Jim's design for minimum of 10 pairs. Hopefully I can put a firm $ number on that shortly.

Actually I think that was someone else who had the fiasco.. I just dropped mine into the pocket and welded it up and now have a little run out on the overall disc itself, which may not mean that the unit is out of center at all. What I need to do is have it checked properly when the whole assembly is back in the car.

Mike

what about a "exchange " axle flange, have a adapter made thats the pattern only for the 6 bolts and have it tigged on ......

this will bolt on to the car still - leave far more room for re/re the shaft and the cost will likely not be that bad.. all you need it 10 pairs of axle flange as cores to start......