HybridZ

Radio not working, lost at this point.

Someone jacked my radio, and since i've been having problems intalling a new one. The fuse block blew a series of fuses at one point and i had to take the radio fuse and bypass the block and install an in-line fuse.

on schematics, the BROWN & RED wire leads directly to the battery lead in the accessory portion of the ignition switch, and still i've got no juice.

No multimeter/volmeter/amp-meter to test the power lines.

Is there something that i might be missing? can anyone fill in some gaps here that doesn't involve expensive tools.

Is there something that i might be missing?

Yep, proper tools to perform the job.

can anyone fill in some gaps here that doesn't involve expensive tools.

Even a cheap DMM (Digital Multi Meter) is better than nothing at all, when it comes to trying to diagnose electrical problems.

A test light is prety much useless in electrical diagnosis. A test light only tells you that there is power, but has no idication of how much.

A DMM will show you exactly how much power is there (how many volts), along with the ability to test for continuity and how much resistance there might be in a circuit.

Without using the proper tools, you won't be able to diagnose the problem.

The problem may turn out to be a dead radio, or a poor connection, or maybe an incorrect wire.

Here's a gem of advice that you NEED to know:

The dash lights read as a ground when they're not on. Get a proper wiring digram for your model Z and pay attention to wire colors. I've ran into two Z's so far that someone had wired the dash lights to ground and couldn't figure out why they didn't have any parking/dash lights after the stereo install.

Here's a gem of advice that you NEED to know:

The dash lights read as a ground when they're not on. Get a proper wiring digram for your model Z and pay attention to wire colors. I've ran into two Z's so far that someone had wired the dash lights to ground and couldn't figure out why they didn't have any parking/dash lights after the stereo install.

Most cars have that, where the illumination wire will read as ground. That is because on a positive switched (controlled) dash light circuit, the ground potential is then read through the load (light bulbs). It's only once positive power is applied does the ground potential on the "positive" wire go away.

Cars that have negitive switched (controlled) illumination will read postive on the illumination wire.