HybridZ

How much nitrous is in one of those big cylinders?

80LS1T

Can someone tell me how much actual useable nitrous is in one of the large tanks(the guy I talked to said it was a 200 cubic feet/inches(can't remember)). He said the tank was 9" in diameter and about 5' tall. I just want to know how many pounds of nitrous is in there so I can determine if I want to buy my own fill station and large cylinders to fill my 10lb bottle.

Thanks!

Guy:mrgreen:

Check you local laws. You may not be able the have that much nitrous for obvious reasons. In NC I know you need a permit. I got flack from Air Gas for bringing my tanks in to be filled untill they found out I was a dentist. The guy was acutally going to take my tanks because he said it was illegal for me to have them.

Good luck

Probably a 56 pounder. It is totaly legal to have nitrous+, as it has a little bit of sulfer dioxide in it for motorsport use. You can't huff this stuff, or you will get verry sick. You can't buy the medical grade stuff unless you are a dentist or doctor.

Yeah it's nitrous plus not medical grade. Man 56lbs for about $200($3.57/lb) isn't that great of a deal. I am paying $4.50 now to have it filled by someone else. It sure would take a while to make up the $600 for the fill station when I'm only saving $10 a tank. The convience sure would be nice though...

Guy

Wow! $4.50 is a great deal. Around here it is between $5.00 and $10.00 per pound to have it filled depending where you go. I can fill my 3 pound bottle for my snowmobile without a pump. I just put the bottle in the freezer for a couple of hours, then hook up to the big one, turn on the valve, and the cold bottle sucks it in. The first 2-2.5 pounds fills pretty quick, but the last half pound or so goes pretty slow.