HybridZ

90-96 300zx z32 taillight conversion to s30

BurnoutZ

Hey guys,

I have been talking to Rayven... some might know him as the guy who made the fiberglass doors with speaker holes. I talked to him about a fiberglass taillight panel that mounts flush with the back of an s30 chassis that allows for z32 300zx taillights. This conversion has been done twice that I know of on this forum(new40z and dan juday). This panel will be alittle different but will use elements from both designs. Before i go into further details... What is the interest on a z32 tailight conversion panel? Have any of you wanted to do it? Any buyers?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black Dragon sells a blackout tailight kit for the 300zx, it just makes the back all one flat piece of dark plastic lense. I think something like that would be cool. Maybe even just a large piece of fg that fits in the tailight area so you can cut holes for whatever light youd like.

I'll say that it would be interesting, but wouldn't say that I would be interested in buying, untill I see the actual product.

He can make a single set and have you post to see how many people would be interested. If not many, then you can just sell the molds.

Im interested in the idea, Iv been toying with different tail lights for my 240 but like AK-Z said, I would want to see the accual product first.

I have as well, The only problem with my design is the reverse lights. Anyone have any ideas on what to do and where to put it? Photoshop a picture as an example...

are the reverse lights required? i guess that might very by state tho?

what if you got the set of Z32 tails that have the bottom light clear insted of amber and wire up one of the lights to be a reverse light to? Iv never looked at Z32 tail lights so idk if that will work but just and idea.

are the reverse lights required? i guess that might very by state tho?

what if you got the set of Z32 tails that have the bottom light clear insted of amber and wire up one of the lights to be a reverse light to? Iv never looked at Z32 tail lights so idk if that will work but just and idea.

Dan juday's car doesnt have them so i guess its not required. I dont know. I'm thinking we should just proceed with a design similar to the one ive posted. Flush with the body except for the liscense plate recess. Maybe we could mess around with the design when we get a mold. Maybe have the liscense plate recess covered in carbon fiber w/ the rest fiberglass. I dont think the whole panel being carbon fiber would look good? Because the 300zx tail lights have a smooth black border.

ya I dont think there required here. I would be painting it black anyway if got some so Id perfer fiberglass, its cheaper to.

Right now Im looking mostly at the vett style round lights and making a FG panel for them.

ya I dont think there required here. I would be painting it black anyway if got some so Id perfer fiberglass, its cheaper to.

Right now Im looking mostly at the vett style round lights and making a FG panel for them.

Probably what you said would be the best option. Just get the "euro style" (or is it jdm) white and red light version... Hook one of the bulbs on the white part up to the reverse lights...

I think most people would like a more universal tailight panel. Something like 280zforce's but with finished edges, bolts that make it bolt to the stock location and possibly a seal to prevent moisture from coming in the car.

Thats the thing... i dont know if a "universal" taillight panel is even possible. Every taillight is shaped differently and has different depths.