HybridZ

Everyone please check your lugnuts!

Yup. Now i know exactly how aziza feels. Went downtown for a little bit, then on my way back home (doin about 50mph on the highway) i hear a rattle, then loose any effective steering or braking, and drift to the side of the road as i watch my front wheel fly down the road.

It must have been a pretty hillarious thing to see though, I stop my car get out and run down after my wheel. Find it in the ditch about 500 yards away. I now have walked the walk of shame. Coming back up to my car with my wheel. lol:rolleyesg

A very special thanks to Adamstoy (sp?) a new member here on Hybridz who was kind enough to stop and let me use his lug wrench to take a lug off of the other 3 wheels so i could get home. He said he's seen my car at church, and found the website from the sticker on my quarter window. (yay they actually work!!). He has a 260z too and hopefully he'll post some project pictures.

EDIT:

Pictures added.

S7000410.jpg

Any body shop guru battle assessments?

S7000413.jpg

I'll probably just buy a new fender and re spray it, cause i doubt it will be cheaper to fix.

S7000415.jpg

Positive camber for the lose...

S7000419.jpg

Driver side correct clearance. Also notice intact lube fitting.

S7000434.jpg

Pass. side clearance. And ground down fitting. Pretty sure the whole strut assembly is FUBAR.

S7000437.jpg

this is actually more common than most might think.

I saw a ram 1500 (I think it was, or was a chevy) left front wheel fly off on a 45mph street. Luckily it was on a street that turning a slow left and the guy was on the outside lane.

I still chuckle remembering that one. There was a thread a while ago that was linked to another forum where a wheel smashed into someone's windshield 0_0.

Glad to hear that you're all right and that there wasn't a major accident.

I would check you lugs and if you have a chance, rebalance them if you have Mag or aluminum wheels. those weights could have fallen off. :P

Happened once in an old Laurel Medallist, disc brake, and the brake that side locked and skidded down the road. there was a shallow arc ground off the brake rotor, never noticed any difference driving with the arc gone from the rotor however.

I think it is a law that ya have to help out a fellow Z owner when their stuck along the road. Glad I was able to help and glad that the rotor didnt grab ahold of the ground and pull you into the guard rail. Let me know if you need help with your car, it might actually get me going on mine.