HybridZ

Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky Seats....Nice!

dat240zg

Anyone with leather dying experience?? I'm sure they could be dyed from tan to black.... I'm wondering if leather will take a color change, tan to red?

Or, I could just have a upholstery shop dismantle them and switch out the tan leather to a different material of my choice. They would have a perfect pattern to cut from using the tan after removed from the black.

Anyone offer any experience??

There is an amazing paint you can use that works incredibly well on ABS plastic (with the sand free prep spray that opens the pores and almost melts the paint to the painted surface) and for vinyl, leather, etc. It's made by SEM and can be bought at many upholstery shops. It's about $13 a can, but once it's on, it's nearly impossible to get off! My buddy painted the green ABS plastic in his '70s GMC motorhome and the blue vinyl in his 510 and we used a scribe to try and scrape through the paint on both things and couldn't get through it to see the original color. I'm doing all my interior panels, including door panels in the Landeau black, which is between gloss and satin black. Hope that helps.

So I picked up my seats today. Fantastic! I currently have infinity seats in my Z that look great but are a bit wide...designed for bigger tushes

These should fit perfectly and IMO look somewhat like the original seats. As for the GXP logo....its not so bad but will have to get tuned down. The real neat thing about these is they have a pocket right up front right under the legs...great idea!!

Thank you dat240G

Sorry deja!

Glad that you're happy with them. There's always a chance that you may recommend something and then someone else thinks it's crap....so, good times!

For me the pocket is really handy due to the fact that I have my extra gauges on a panel in the glovebox.

Bryan

Dat240zg

• 4 weeks later...