HybridZ

Wheel studs

so i broke a wheel stud and went to change it(ez to do right?).

the drum will not come off. it is stuck to the hub and will not budge. ive tried prying, hammering, using a puller. if anyone has any info on how to get it off please let me know.

You can try adjusting the shoes so that there is room bewteen them and the inside of the drum.

I think the drum is aluminum so i don't think it's rusted on the hub although WD-40 might help.

I used a small hammer or mallet and tapped the back of the drum all around on the fins.

I don't remember if there was a threaded hole on the front face of the drum but, if there is just turn a bolt through it and it should come off.

If the drum turns the brakes aren't holding it. Sounds like it's seized to the flange. Give it soaking of PB Blaster. Hit the drum on the face where it seats upon the flange using a lead or heavy rubber mallet to separate. Tapping from the side or back can damage the drum.

its fixed. took a dremel to the center of the hub and took all the burs off of it. came right off :D

Haha. That's exactly what I did, but with a wire wheel. It was like 3 years ago when I had to do this, so I totally forgot :P. Just remembered beating on it and torching it :P.