HybridZ

ring gear bolts

Mike C

I am thinking about buying a diff from a '83 280zx turbo, complete with half shafts and disc brake parts, and want to make sure it is the 12mm gear set. Any thoughts on this? How about gear ratio? I prefer 3.7, but from what I can find, it's 3.54. Best I can tell on ring gear bolts is that 84-89 300zx all have 12mm, 82-83 zx have 12mm, 89-92 240sx and 4-86 through 88 200sx have 12mm. Anybody? I'm paying $250 for the setup which seems pretty fair, and Reider Racing has limited slips new for $550 that fit the 12mm ring gear bolts. The 10mm bolt diff has been discontinued. Another option is they have an R180 LS for $525.

Just got back from boneyard, it had a turbo hood, but not a turbo car. Are the turbo cars the only ones with CV halfshafts?

[ August 02, 2001: Message edited by: Mike C ]

Thanks guys. The info that I have came from Reider Racing from their application chart for the limited slip that they sell. I am just trying to get second opinions before I invest my money in something I don't need. I already have a '78 r200 in my 240.