HybridZ

Custom Fuel Rail, DIY Stock L28et Turbo Injectors..

Challenger

Anyone made one...

http://www.freewebs.com/pallnet/products.htm

Looking at these but I dont want to spend $110 but I might have to.

attachment.php?attachmentid=6075&d=1205980910

attachment.php?attachmentid=6074&d=1205980910

Abes was selling this custom one a while back.

Anyone have ideas on where I could get material, tools, etc to make something like this? From what I know, Id need a threaded opening on each end, and maybe another one on the top for a fuel pressure gauge, and then obviously 6 fittings for tubes to be ran to each injector.

Would I be able to use common materials found at say a hardware store? Also would aluminum be the best given that it doesnt rust, corrode, as badly? Any ideas, comments and suggestions are welcome!

Thanks

Needs, to be tapped 1/4" NPT, which you will NOT find at a traditional harware store. Needs to be tapped perpendicular to the rail itself, as well as drilled perp. also. You need to also, know how far to tap the tap, as it is a taper seal, on the threads. Yes all. is going to be the easiest to work with, as well as fairly cheap. Look on ebay for stock, or just a metal store.

You can order fuel rail stock through your local speed shop, Accel supplies it.

I'm making my own now, to convert to O-ring injectors on an L28 intake.

I had a friend of mine make me a special 3 flute drill bit, that has the proper dimentions for the O-ring injectors. Hopefully it will be done soon. :)