HybridZ

Need help with new project...'47 Dodge D24

CruxGNZ

He guys, recently got a new project. It's a '47 Dodge D24. Flathead six, three on the tree, air bag suspension, and the body is very decent. A little mud here and there, but nothing major. Came with a crap load of parts too. Runs and drives, but having a problem with the transmission. I can't get the damn thing into third or reverse. When I pull the gear shift towards me, I can't get it to go into gear! It's very frustrating. I need to move this thing into storage so my buddies and I can finish the Z. It's taking up precious garage space. Any idea what to look for? Any websites you can point me to? Thanks guys :-D

----------------

Now playing: Herbaliser - Saturday Night - (featuring Fabian / Big Ted) [foobar2000 v0.9.4.1]

via FoxyTunes

Yep, probably the linkage. My dad had an old dodge van with 3 on the tree, and if you didn't downshift in order it would lock up, and you would have to crawl under and wiggle and mess with the linkage untill it was freed up. By going in order, I meen you couldnt go from 3rd to first, you would have to go, 3,2,1.

I'll throw some pictures in for you guys. I don't have to worry about having to go through the gears with the fluid drive, however, I was told that I shouldn't use it much because its a weak point in the transmission. I'll check the linkage tonight and see what's going on. Thanks for the website too.

I plan on making the Dodge a fun weekend driver. Hit it with some matte black paint, tint the windows, black Diamond racing wheels with new tires, new weatherstripping and if I have the guts, chop the top. I have a '47 Plymouth top that I can butcher to make the chop top happen. I have like four sets of bumpers, but I kind of like it bumperless. I'll start playing with it over this coming winter.

Sittin' low

3411_p122761.jpeg

3411_p122762.jpeg

All electrical is new and converted to 12 volt

3411_p122763.jpeg

Underneath is very clean. Glasspack muffler is a bit loud.

3411_p122764.jpeg

Love the four door.

3411_p122765.jpeg

And my poor dirty Z... needs a good weekend and it will be road ready, no kiddin'!

3411_p122766.jpeg

----------------

Now playing: Mos Def And Massive Attack - [DJ Kicks (Daddy G) CD1 #15] I Against I [foobar2000 v0.9.4.1]

via FoxyTunes