HybridZ

Ls1 Fuel pump issue? I think?

I did that. Ran a ridiculous size wire straight from the battery to the pump (guage 4), just to see if that was my problem. Fixed it for a couple of hours. But it came back.

If that fixed it for a couple hours it sounds like its probably related...what was the voltage at the pump after rewiring it and then after it acted up again?

ummmm.... well, if it worked for a couple hours maybe its your alt that can't keep up. In those couple of hours it drained your battery more than your alt could keep up kinda thing.

which could also be the reason why your voltage was so low in the first place...

Messed with it some more today. Its no longer lasting a couple hours. More like a minute or two. What I did is check the voltage while running. Its at 13.5v while running (58psi). And falls off in a matter of 20 seconds and continues to fall (yet voltage still stays at 13.5). And while pressure is falling the pump sounds like its dieing again.

idk......

Messed with it some more today. Its no longer lasting a couple hours. More like a minute or two. What I did is check the voltage while running. Its at 13.5v while running (58psi). And falls off in a matter of 20 seconds and continues to fall (yet voltage still stays at 13.5). And while pressure is falling the pump sounds like its dieing again.

idk......

Most likely a bad pump then. If it were a restriction in the system I would think you would see the pressure drop sooner. Its possible running it at the lower voltage may have caused it to fail prematurely.

I think what is going on is that i have a couple factors at the same time. My afr gauge is reading extremely rich (even though the fuel pressure is dropping). I think one of the injectors might be stuck open. This might explain why the system sometimes doesn't hold pressure after car is off (that a complete guess). Dont think that would explain my pump issue though. :cry2:

damn, yea I would say its a bad pump. Hate to say it tho. Just buy another from summit and then put the old one back in the box and ship it back.

what brand is your afr? I have come to the realization that you can't trust anything that isn't innovate...