HybridZ

My Z is Shaking Itself to Death!!!! Help!!!!

• Administrators
When someone of great statute gives wisdom to a void, you have to wonder why he bothers.

This site dose not bother with the maundaune as you infer.

Do you mean "mundane"?

You will find that Sir Woldson will sometimes speak/type with his native English accent… Moldy Woldy, as we call him around here, good ole chap.

When someone of great statute gives wisdom to a void, you have to wonder why he bothers.

…..

Does anyone else hear the echo?...

Thanks...

1976 280z- Semi bone stock.

My identity is not entangled with a vehicle particularly one with as finite a life as one with with an internal combustion engine.

Por ejemplo, those bozos into riding motorcycles and their lifestyle of "freedom" and all the fancy costuming that entails are going to look pretty funny riding bicycles when they no longer have access to the cheap fuel which their "freedom" rests firmly upon...

• Administrators
Hey BRAAP, why are you banned?

Long story made short…

I was replying to one of my posts, I let my attitude get the better of me in my reply, ignoring my own advice, then made a deliberate attack on an admin, (myself), so I banned myself for violating HybridZ rule #13. I’m sure I banned me for also violating rules #5 and #6 just a smidge which didn’t help much. I’m fortunate to get off with just a 30 day suspension/ban, which when fulfilled, I will be allowed to mingle with the population here at HybridZ and post, so long as I don’t violate any more rules…

Click ME for the HybridZ rules and Guidelines...

So I don't violate any rules, I have another fixit issue; my rearend.

There is a staccato rhythm emanating from the rear gear housing and I have noticed a decrease in performance from the differential (I think).

I'll be traversing an uneven concrete surface and as the rear axle bounces, the car will semi- lurch towards the left.

My first step is to replace the struts as they are perhaps overdue for replacement.

There is also a distinctive clunk as I shift into gears. Sometimes.

I don't know if the two are related. The tranny is six months on the rebuild.

As far as I know the rear end and attendent components have never been replaced in 30+ years...Just springs and bushings.

I'll try.

I think you answered you own question. BUT, IF I were you, I would SEARCH for "Clunk" or noise on acceleration.

BTW, if you read around the archives at all, you will find that starting a new thread with a new question will get more favorable answers/opinions/responses than drawing an entirely unrelated older thread on and on ad naseum.