HybridZ

Where To Buy Stock 280Z Fuel Injector Hose?

Guest brandon

Guest brandon

Hey all,

I've done several searches and browsed around and was unable to find an answer to my question. Sorry if it's dumb or has been answered before.

I'm an owner of a very stock 280Z which had a pretty crappy redo of the fuel injection plumbing by the previous owners mechanic. Said car is currently undriveable because of a fuel leak, and I'd like to replace all of the hoses and hose clamps(!) with new high pressure fuel hose and proper fuel clamps. Before I do any modifications I'm just looking to get it in tip-top shape so I don't have to worry about nearly as many weird issues.

Anyhow, while I know I can buy replacement hose from places like Courtesy, I find it /way/ too expensive. However, I can't seem to find anywhere else to buy replacement hose from. I assume I just need some high-pressure 8mm fuel line? Any suggestions on where to buy it from? I've also seen nylon high pressure fuel line but that doesn't seem like the right stuff? Everything in this forum seems to about upgrading fuel systems and doing steel line upgrades, so I hope this is still somewhat on topic.

Thanks,

- Brandon

I will ad a voice saying "high pressure" for emphasis.. make sure you don't get stuff for carb'ed vehicles. it is different hose, and its more expensive than the low pressure stuff. Don't expect $1-2/foot, but it isnt TOO bad is all I am saying. Half the time I have gotten it the cashier didnt recognize it and rang it up as the cheap stuff, so cross your fingers :)

• 5 weeks later...
I ended up just going to Schucks and got 2 ft of their goodyear 5/16" fuel injector hose, along with 12 fuel injector hose clamps. Make sure the clamps are for the 5/16" because they sell two different ones for 3/8 and 5/16. Total came out to around $12.

sounds like someone got the fuel injection line for the price of regular fuel line... that stuff is SUPPOSED to be about $6-8 a foot, but I don't think I have ever paid that... That is why I keep going back to the same store for fuel injection line anytime I need it, even though I HATE pep boys.... dumb cashier girl at pep boy's FTW :D