HybridZ

Chunks of old clutch fork boot fell *into* transmission...is this bad?

PhilbertZ

So I replaced the rubber boot around my clutch fork tonight, with a replacement part from Black Dragon.

The old boot (or what was left of it) was brittle and cracked, and falling to pieces.

I tried to gently pull it AWAY from the transmission with needle nose pliers and my fingers, but alas, some chunks (none larger than a dime) fell INTO the area in the transmission where the clutch fork goes.

the boot I'm talking about is circled in red below.

Is this OK? I have no way to get those pieces out (I'm not savvy enough to drop my transmission or change a clutch in my garage so that's out of the question. I just want peace of mind that it won't cause any harm.

The new boot looks great btw :)

Please chime in if you've dealt with this in past?

Thanks

Clutchforkboot-1.png

Take a shop vac and stuff the nozzle into the clutch fork opening as best you can. Try to suck out as much of the crap as possible. It probably won't hurt anything but if you have the time, try to vacuum it out.

Take a shop vac and stuff the nozzle into the clutch fork opening as best you can. Try to suck out as much of the crap as possible. It probably won't hurt anything but if you have the time, try to vacuum it out.

That was the very first thing I did when it happened last night :)

Put it over one gap and plugged the other gap with my hand.