HybridZ

I found my SAW

SidWell

When I was building my MS, I purchased a pre-made cable to connect the MS and the relay board. The cable was missing the SAW wire. Pin 36 was open on both ends. :icon11: I will be contacting the seller shortly and requesting another cable.

I have manually run a wire from the Ign pad on the MS to pin 11 on the relay board and I now have iginition advance confirmed by my timing light.:-D

It turns out that when I ordered the MS about 2 years ago, the board was pretty new on the market. (yes I am slow but I there are reasons). The cable had not yet been changed to accomodate the V3 board. The seller has been kind enough to send me the wiring with which to make the updates. It is nice to know, that for people like me that like to do it yourself, that there are still sellers out there who will honor a two year old sale.

Yes. I don't believe that there was ever a real problem with the pip. I was so concerned with the saw issue that I never really looked close enough at the pip to get a proper trigger. Since the MS was reading the tach signal I figured that it was working well enough to run and I would look into it later. Once the saw issue was resolved, I took a close look at the pip and it was just as the manual said it should be.

I have recieved the saw wiring for my relay cable from the do it yourself shop where I purchased it. They sent it to me no charge.

All is good.

Next project is to clean up the wiring and mount the MS and relay box inside the cabin of the car. The relay box will be mounted in the left kick panel in the drivers foot well and the MS will go near the heater / AC blower motor.