HybridZ

clunk in right rear on small bumps

did the search it don't make it under acceleration or deceleration just when I go over like a road reflector and only the right side not the drivers side and fast slow don't matter sounds like someone with a hammer smacks the floor pan any ideas what to look at point me in the right direction please-it's a 75 280

sorry just found this

Jon's tip is great, be careful after doing that check when removing the zap strap to avoid nicking the strut insert cylinder surface. I've typically suggested pushing your bump stop to the bottom for similar test if you have a bump stop installed and accessible. Find out if you're bottoming on the springs/strut's or if a gland nuts loose. The big nut holding your strut insert inside the strut tube (gland nut) can come loose and be quite annoying to trouble shoot. Not common but does occur. Jarring noise and often sensation depending on how loose it's come.

Did you check your sway bar mount on that side, where it bolts to the frame?

Sometimes the weld breaks and the sumbitch vibrates.

At least that is what happened to me.

'76 280z

yea didn't see anything there all seemed tight thanks for the info though.

What happened with one of my stock rear bushings ( the one with the metal tube in the middle), was that through wear and tear, the rubber got shaved down to the metal part. This led to a lower and rougher ride.

Maybe you have something similiar?