HybridZ

painted the swastika rims!!

I've thought about painting these rims alot.. I like the black center idea, but I would have tried to find a way to mask the channels off so they maintained their stock coloring. I've also thought about possibly coloring the channels with the right tone of gold, something like what the more standard six spoke 280ZX alloys came with (some of them had gold/aluminum finish, and some were aluminum/aluminum..)

Anyhow, it does look sharp! any chance of getting you to post just one nice high res image of one of the wheels? ;)

It does look much better. I've seen them in red before and they look much better painted.

What kind of paint did you use?

yes i will get a hi-res photo up soon, when i take some good pictures during the day

and suprisingly i was suggested this paint by one of my co-workers

its industrial grade high gloss black rustoleum :P

he painted his motorcycle wheels with them and he said they turned out great, so i tried it and ouala. All 4 wheels, 3 coats in four directions with one can, not bad, not bad at all

Looks Good! I painted mine the same way about 5 months ago! I love them. I get people telling me all the time how they like my "new" wheels! LOL

yea me too, i dont remember where on facebook i saw the wheels painted like this, but as soon as i saw them i knew thats exactly what i wanted. so this will do until i get my 6 spoke konig's 17x7's with a 2" lip :P