HybridZ

My new toy and ultra mini workshop area.

Some-Guy

Well I just moved back to Vancouver from Calgary and I am sharing a shop with my father in law. Which is kind of a pain since the space is rather small that I am allowed to use. But what can ya do. I saw this compressor at work and asked them how much they wanted and I ended up taking it home for 335$. I had a hell of a time sneaking it in and moving it alone was abit of a pain. Which was funny because I told my wife it was similar in size to the unit I used to have which was a 25 gallon craftsman. The look on her face when I was dragging that into the yard was priceless.

Its 2 years old and has been sitting for year. It had a blown head gasket when I fired it up and the check valve was stuck open so the tank drained back through the head when it cut out. About an hour of sand blasting removed about a 1/4 inch of build up from the heads. The read valves were stuck open from gunk and the 1/2 lines connecting the heads to the tank were down to about 3/16s in size! I cleaned it all up and this friday Ill be picking up gaskets and reassembling. Even with it all jammed up it moved a fair bit of air I cant wait to see it all cleaned out.

Heres a couple pics of my little work area and the cleaned up valves and heads. I also just got this huge hand made parts box from my grandfather as he is ill to do anything now and was going to throw it out! Just thought I would share comp find as I am pretty excited about it.

S6002730Large.jpg

S6002727Large.jpg

My Daughter was pretty excited about the new 'motor' as she calls it.

S6002728Large.jpg

S6002729Large.jpg

S6002731Large.jpg

S6002733Large.jpg

S6002734Large.jpg

Thats a great Compressor, we have the same one in the shop I hope you like it. I find it a bit loud in the winter but thats to be expected.

I ran it for abit before pulling it apart and it was not as loud as the ole craftsman I had so its an improvement for me! But I always have ear plugs in when running air tools or anything. I have to save what hearing I have left at 23 years old they rate my ears as having been in a shop environment for about 30 years already! Atleast thats what the guy who did my hearing test told me :ugg:.

WOW! Cool huge hand made parts box!

Thanks, I cant believe he was just going to toss it out.

I have to save what hearing I have left at 23 years old they rate my ears as having been in a shop environment for about 30 years already! At least thats what the guy who did my hearing test told me :ugg:.

I was a sonar tech on subs. I listen to loud music most of my life.

Not knowing the all the science in hearing I will tell you one thing.

Lose a finger...big deal

lose a hand.....big deal

lose a foot......big deal

lose your hair....big deal

lose your.......ect.

Lose just one of you senses,,,,,, yea big deal.

Knowing about hearing and what causes lose, you may have it in your genes. Due to all info given.

My hearing was above normal but the constant droned of noise below damage will still harm you.

Ok well I got it the compressor all reassembled It works fantastic just under 5 minutes to charge the tank from empty to 155 psi altho it is actually louder than I expected when its all tuned up. I picked up the head gaskets and a new check valve for 66$ so I am into it for 401$ total!