HybridZ

Stock speedometer with a sbc

• 2 weeks later...
anychance anything will work with the Digital Speedo and a TH350

hey I'm not sure if it would work for your application but I think it might. You should be able to get an electronic speed sensor to fit the tranny and then go here http://www.abbott-tach.com/era.htm for an electronic ratio adapter (you might be able to find it cheaper elsewhere). Most speed sensors I know of use a pulse for a signal wheather it be digital or analog speedo and the ERA can convert your signal from say 40 pulses per driveshaft revolution to say 30 or whatever your correction factor may be. They have a support line that will be able to get you in the ballpark for you speed sensor / speedo combo. They have charts that tell them how many pulses your stock unit sends out vs. the th350 sensor. Hope that helps!

hey I'm not sure if it would work for your application but I think it might. You should be able to get an electronic speed sensor to fit the tranny and then go here http://www.abbott-tach.com/era.htm for an electronic ratio adapter (you might be able to find it cheaper elsewhere). Most speed sensors I know of use a pulse for a signal wheather it be digital or analog speedo and the ERA can convert your signal from say 40 pulses per driveshaft revolution to say 30 or whatever your correction factor may be. They have a support line that will be able to get you in the ballpark for you speed sensor / speedo combo. They have charts that tell them how many pulses your stock unit sends out vs. the th350 sensor. Hope that helps!

I really like that option. I might actually be able to make one of those myself. First though, I need to figure out what's still holding the dashboard on. I swear I removed everything that had been holding it. Looks like there's something attaching it to the steering column, but I don't want to end up pulling the steering column, just the dash.

really does help...thanks for the info:grin: