HybridZ

240z wavy roof a common issue?

yeah im debating if I should buy this 73 or not. The roof isnt horrible, but it does have some waves in it. I'm just wondering if it's possible to get one without the waves.

The rest of the car is pretty decent for the price though.

I'm wondering if that blow dryer and carbon dioxide method will work at all? Apparently it does work on warped metal...

I just hate to buy a car with a issue like this that I know is just going to be a royal pain in the butt to ever get perfect.

I'm in the process of fixing my roof, and it definitely a difficult job to do correctly.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=127050&highlight=roof

Be careful as sometimes a wavy roof can be an indication of prior body damage. A good hit can easily result in problems to the roof that don't wind up getting fixed when the rest of the car is repaired.

Over here in California some Z have wavy roofs due to being parked in a field and kids playing with the car (jumping on and off the roof)... Others are attempts at fixes but didn't turn out as expected. And some are cover ups of aftermarket sunroofs. Like Bartman said, some of these cars that have been damaged are a failed attempt to fix it or they just gave up and said screw it. Inspect the car in every angle if you can try to see if there was any other damages. Check wheel wells as its common to get boo booed. rear latches and open the door and try to see if any dents, bends, on the sill...Somtimes kids mess up these cars so bad that when they start slamming the door it puts dents everywhere....