HybridZ

Z pretenders.........ugh

Mauisnow13

You guys have to admit though, people may not know about them, but they always like them. I love not being able to fill my car up with gas without getting a complement, even if they do call it a porsche.

I've had it mistaken for a Porsche several times, a ferrari once (mine has a G-nose kit and skirts, it's lowered too) a TVR? (that threw me for a loop, you live in North America and know what a TVR is but not a Datsun when you see it???) and this one sorta got to me, last night an old man asked "is that a Mustang?" :eek2: That one hurt a lil bit... :toetap05:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had it mistaken for a Porsche several times, a ferrari once (mine has a G-nose kit and skirts, it's lowered too) a TVR? (that threw me for a loop, you live in North America and know what a TVR is but not a Datsun when you see it???) and this one sorta got to me, last night an old man asked "is that a Mustang?" :eek2: That one hurt a lil bit... :toetap05:

Mustang? Further proof that even among the aged, there are dope smoking junkies.......not that it's a bad thing.:shock:

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh...So i went down to the local parking lot meet tonight. Not many people there, but i got out and said 'hi' and such.

Got to talking with this one guy, who said he used to have a '93 Z32 TT, and a Datsun Roadster. Goes on talking like he knows his stuff, until he says this phrase.

"well atleast your car is a TRUE Fairlady."

"Urm....actually the only fairlady's were the ones sold by Nissan in Japan." (actually not 100% sure if fairlady was a japan only name, or if it got to other parts of asia as well...)

"well no, see any Z that was sold by Datsun automatically was a 'real' fairlady. All the Z's that were sold in Japan were just datsuns." Something to that effect. I tried to block out most of what he was saying cause i knew what was coming. He also questioned why i had a "Nissan-Pacific" sticker on my car....I told him it was a Nissan. He looked really confused. LOL

I just smiled, and nodded, and said "oh...cool." Was like midnight, and was way to tired to argue with someone who obviously didn't care to be corrected.

Anyway thats my story. lol

well, technically, the only "true" fairlady, state side, were the first 240z. They came off the boat labeled fairlady, and Mr. K changed all the labels himself, knowing the american market at the time.

But details, detail. I wouldn't think too much of it :P