HybridZ

VG30e Guys, who's running NISTUNE? Give me a heads up.

D15T0RT10N

Looking at their site now. They seem to be afraid to reveal a whole lot for free. I was hoping I could download a demo of the software to see what the interface was like.

I've never installed/used any kind of ECU add-on before, but I'm no stranger to a soldering gun.

I'm running an 87 Z31 which currently has an 87 Maxima ECU. I'm having trouble with how it runs, and I think it's because of my modifications. I feel confident that digging around in the ROM and changing a few values can correct this.

Anyone who's familiar with it, can you just kind of fill me in on your experience with it? Were the instructions easy to follow? Is the software pretty functional? Did you find the company themselves agreeable to work with? Just how tunable is it?

Anything else you can tell me that I might need to know before I drop $400?

I'm excited by the listed features. It's like it is the key to all my cars deepest secrets.

Thanks in advance,

B.Crawford.

• 3 weeks later...

If you haven't already checked into it, the crowd at z31performance.com has a sticky on NISTUNE and other popular engine managment mods for the VG30e and VG30et on their site. LOTS of your questions should be answered by folks WITH direct experience.

I've got a VG30et project going (er, not going at the moment) and Nistune will probably be my choice when I get to that point.

The only caveat is that most of the folks on that site are turbo'd, as opposed to N/A.

-oh, and HA! be sure to read the "read this first" part of the thread, they're a little quick to flame newbies over there... ask me how I know...

-Josh

• 3 weeks later...

It is easy to install on 87+ ecu, its little more tricky on 84-86 ecus...

I would say its easy to tune on, my friend jason tuned his own car which had a t3/4 and 420cc injectors with no prior tuning experience...

im not sure if its a company or more or less one guy... I only talked to one dude, and he was easy to work with.

I dont have the software I didnt have enough money, I chiped my ecu and let my friend jason tune it for me but he moved so I need to buy it now.

it takes like 2 weeks to ship to US

as far as I know there is no demo, but you can download the software for free but you need a key to use it, like a cd key...

I like nistune, if you have a lot of vehicles with the vg or any other nissan just buy the one software and chip all of them and go from there... im going to run nistune on my s30.

Looking at their site now. They seem to be afraid to reveal a whole lot for free. I was hoping I could download a demo of the software to see what the interface was like.

I've never installed/used any kind of ECU add-on before, but I'm no stranger to a soldering gun.

I'm running an 87 Z31 which currently has an 87 Maxima ECU. I'm having trouble with how it runs, and I think it's because of my modifications. I feel confident that digging around in the ROM and changing a few values can correct this.

Anyone who's familiar with it, can you just kind of fill me in on your experience with it? Were the instructions easy to follow? Is the software pretty functional? Did you find the company themselves agreeable to work with? Just how tunable is it?

Anything else you can tell me that I might need to know before I drop $400?

I'm excited by the listed features. It's like it is the key to all my cars deepest secrets.

Thanks in advance,

B.Crawford.

For single use trial run enter the following for registration name: trial / email: trial

Please let us know if you have dififculties downloading from this site

I found this on the download page.

I have been using NisTune since 2006. Matt is the best. You can't believe all the changes he has made to the software over this time. Also he is great at helping with any problems you might have. As more and more people use Nistune the forum will become better and beter.

I was looking at the information on line today. The instructions have come along way from the days when we used to have to ask how to do everything and what we did helped develope the instructions.

I tried Live edit with a romulator before Nistune. That was like trying to shoot baskets with a blindfold on compared to Nistune and map trace.

It is by far the best bang for the buck that you can get for the Z31.

Go to Z31 performance and check out the link. And don't be afraid to admit to having an N/A. There are several of us over there who expect to get more than 200WHP without a turbo.