HybridZ

Oil pan flange

Zardilla

Years ago Brad D, and more recently Jamie T, both had steel flanges (using the inner bolt pattern on the RB26 block) cut out for their oil pans.

Does anyone have a copy of the computer file used by the water jet machine that I could have? My local mechanic is working on an RB swap and could use it.

Joel S. - I saw a post from 2004 where you had a file for a lazer cutting machine.

Thanks folks.

Matt

Not exactly sure Raff, but I do know another customer at my mechanic is having a RB30 built up for his GTR and had a similar type flange being use for that conversion. I think he got from Australia or New Zealand, maybe RIPS? I will ask him.

Raff,

The guy here locally in Washington is named Doug at UP Garage. His phone number is 253-565-9823 or fairladymotors@hotmail.com.

He has 4 flanges in stock that have both the rb26 and rb20 bolt patterns. He's asking ~$300USD I believe, but he might be negotiable.

I don't know if James Thagard is on the boards much anymore but you may give him a shout as well about a flange as he made a run of aluminum pans a few years back.

Matt

PS - I may be selling my Thagard pan/pick up together for my cost (~$550) but only after I get my motor running with the frankenstein rb20/moroso sump pan combo I currently have. I may post that up for sale in late Aug/early Sept. This pan still needs baffling but it should be fine to use the stock GTR windage trays with which could save some trouble.

what's the moroso pan from!?

i dont think I wanna pay 300 for a pan flange though. I need the files so that I can add the crank scraper holders, and then bolt teflon foam sheet to those.

I think I can get at least two made no my own for that price. I have a friend that does CAD that I might hire.

Thanks for the link Matt. I'm sure someone will hop on those flanges if they really need em

I was originally running a std RB20 pan and after spinning a rod bearing last year I wanted to make sure that I had plenty of oil. So I had a local fabricator take my pan, slice off the sump and weld on a Moroso sump kit (see link below). Hopefully it will provide extra longevity for the motor. This new sump has an odd kick out on the exhaust side and it might be too close to the dump pipes. I may have to mod it a bit, but we'll see.

Essentially I was trying to duplicate what Rob at RIPS down in New Zealand did with his 240z. Rob posted some pictures on Hybridz six months ago or so.

here's the link:

http://www.moroso.com/catalog/categorydisplay.asp?catcode=11108

That's awesome, how much does such a thing cost?

It's mild-steel, I take it? It would weld fine to the standard pan?

And it looks like it has the trap doors and all that.

I could probably use that for my custom sump/crossmember.

Thanks for posting it.

Raff

I think I paid around $150 for the kit (see link below). It is mild steel, welded cleanly to the pan, and the width of the upright area was nearly the same where it attached to bottom of RB20 pan.

I will be gone for the next couple of weeks, but when I get back I will try to post up some pics with my pan attached to the block.

http://www.sdparts.com/product/MOR21950/RoadRaceUWeldItKickedOutOilPanKit.aspx