HybridZ

RB26 DCOE adaptors

NZeder

Just got my RB26 DCOE adaptors back from the CNC guy. So my question how many others on here would be interested in a set? I can arrange the supply of these for $300 USD + shipping for 3 of these adaptors. They will be supplied with cap screws to mount these to your RB26 manifold - these replace the standard RB26 TB and allow the bolting on of any DCOE carbs or throttle body. Made from marine grade alloy.

Perfect for you N/A RB26 head conversion :) or maybe a blow through setup with something different from the standard RB26 TB setup - ie using the standard injector location and second set in the DCOE throttle body.

Pics attached and once I mount up the DCOE TB I will take some more pics - I might mount some carbs for photo's too :)

Pic #1 = RB26 head manifold without stock TB installed

Pic #2 = RB26 head manifold with new adaptor sitting in place

Pic #3 = RB26 head manifold with new adaptor 1/2 bolted down

Pic #4 = Prototype drawing

If no interest then at least you guys will see what I have done :)

RB26intake#1_thumb.jpg

RB26intake#2_thumb.jpg

RB26intake#3_thumb.jpg

RB26intake#4_thumb.jpg

Well - lets see - put some bungs in the standard injector holes - mount some DCOE TB's on with the injectors further away this has benefits, many when looking at larger injectors and higher performance applications. There is lots of info and theory about this on the interweb thing see here for example http://www.hotrod.com/pitstop/hrdp_0704_pitstop_fuel_injector_location/index.html

but the idea is that small injectors have a good spray pattern = close the head is good ie OEM setups but larger injectors the spray pattern is not so good so having these further way = more atomisation before it get to the valve.

You can run a tapper TB like I will be 50mm at the trumpet, 48mm at the butterfly and 45mm at the manifold = better for flow = more performance can be gained vs straight bore TB's.

If your ECU support it - you could have a dual injector setup :D ie use the ones next to the head for economy/low speed work and the add or swap to the higher performance injectors. Or you could have the injectors in the stock location but have empty carbs and use these for their butterflies and the old school look - now that is an idea I like

They will look way cool - how much is that worth?

And also this

•Long skinny intake runners create air velocity and torque at low RPM.

•Short fat intake runners create air velocity and horsepower at high RPM.

So you will be adding more length to the intake runners as the DCOE TB's will be at least 20mm further away (this is how thick these adaptors are) and there is room for this in the zed engine bay :D

My ecu does use staged injectors if I want to. I can see it being a good investment if the DCOE TB's are available. Not sure if I wanna spend that money JUST yet. LOL.

if I were to run staged, I would run standoff injectors or possibly even make a short tube to go in between the throttles and the manifolds and have them bunged for injectors. I could also put that before the throttle bodies, but the throttle shafts would block some of the gas from its flow path a little bit.

have you checked what the maximum length for TB runners can be with the stock manifolds on the RB30 in the S30?

Or you could have the injectors in the stock location but have empty carbs and use these for their butterflies and the old school look - now that is an idea I like

you're onto something here :D

twin z's, nations apart? LOL :wink:

Hi Nzeder!

Now i have to say i'm really tempted with those adaptors! one day i'm most definitely going to go throttle body or carbed on my rb. they look very cool, and sound fantastic!!! have seen quite a few while searching japanese nostalgia on the net! Good on you chap!! we'll have to catch up some day. my rb25det Z isnt very far away from firing up!

great news on yours 260zman. Mine is still sometime away. After selling my 240z to fund the building of a new garage for the 260z and to complete the project once and for all (10 years and a number of project scope changes I will get there) I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Here is tonight's efforts - I now need to visit the car and measure from the head mounting face to the strut tower to check that distance but I think they will fit - however I might need to shorten the trumpets up a little so I can put a cold airbox around them. Now I just need to have the throttle shafts shortened so I can mount all 3 TB on the manifold.

TB-Test#1_thumb.jpg

TB-Test-Install_thumb.jpg

So tonight I spend a few hours in the garage getting the TB shafts the right length for the RB26 manifold - so here are the results.

album_picm.php?pic_id=84

album_picm.php?pic_id=85

album_picm.php?pic_id=86

album_picm.php?pic_id=87

Can't want to get these on the car - however that will not happen until after the engine bay is painted.

gaht dangit...

that is a thing of beauty! where did u get the flangeless throttle horns with detachable grub screw bases?

From the same place that makes the TB's EFI Hardware in Australia see

http://www.efihardware.com/

I purchased mine from http://tweakit.net.au as the manufacture was not selling via his website like he does now.

Not sure if I make an air box to go around these or purchase some of his mesh ram tube covers?