HybridZ

Best BOV to hy35w input

Hey guys,I`m sure this has been done before...but, is there a BOV on ebay that has the proper outlet to go to the input of an hy36w to cut down on lag. Thanks, Roger (I`ve seen some ovals and horns---want a tube for a vacuum line fitting). Or other manufacturer?

Hey guys,I`m sure this has been done before...but, is there a BOV on ebay that has the proper outlet to go to the input of an hy36w to cut down on lag. Thanks, Roger (I`ve seen some ovals and horns---want a tube for a vacuum line fitting). Or other manufacturer?

What fitting on the HY35? Most BOV's pipe into the intake pipe for the turbo. In that case, the piping has to be made yourself. Just get one (like the GReddy) that has a round outlet and have a pipe made to fit.

Hi Wizard Black Thanks, I was trying to get away from the hornblowers and go to the tubes. I realize some are going for the noise--over performance. So, that is why I asked. I appreciate Your response. Roger..any ones You could recommend on EBAY??

Hey Challenger, I`m trying to find a 1/4 " output (greddy type --I guess or others). I understand that the BOV goes before the inlet of the air regulater. Am trying to get a model that has an output that I can feed to the input of the turbo to keep the good times going--in other words-keep spinning the SOB!!

Its called a recirculating bov. Any RS or S type bov can do it you just need the proper fittings.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BOV-TURBO-BLOW-OFF-VALVE-TYPE-RS-HONDA-INTEGRA-ACCORD_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ006QQitemZ160264658537QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

This is all you need. and instead of letting it vent to the engine bay you run a hose from the outlet to the inlet to the turbo in between your air filter and your turbo inlet.

Petty much any BOV that has a single outlet that has a horn or trumpet on it is normally threaded in and can be replaced with a fitting to connect a hose. This is the type you should be looking for Any of the RS or S types on ebay will work. you just have to get the correct fitting then. Some do come with it so just look for it.

You really need to work on describing what your talking about and how you type things out. Until challenger deciphered what you where asking I doubt to many had a clue what you where talking about. It was the same way with your rotating the housing thread.

Also 1/4" vacuum line isnt going to be NEARLY big enough. If your only wanting to run 1/4" hose you might as well not even run a bov because it wont be able to vent fast enough to release any pressure. My BOV Has a 50mm piston that raises to release all the air. thats 2 inches. Most have an outlet size around an Inch to 1 1/4inches

You need to recirculate if you are using a metered air flow efi system.

1" is the most common size. Bosch makes a cheap plastic one that works ok ($25.00). I used a turboXS unit on my car (120.00).

You need to weld on short tube pieces on the lines going into the TB and the line into the turbo intake.

Also, the flow should go smoothly into the intake line (in the direction of the flow). A simple 90 degree Tee is not the best way to do it.

I think he's a tad confused if he thinks the 1/4" hosebarb attachment on a compressor housing is to vent air to the turbo from a BOV.

You need about 1.5" or more to vent it to a compressor intake pipe. You don't pipe it directly to the compressor housing (usually). Like I said, look at a GReddy Type-R or another that actually has a hosebeaded outlet that you can slip a hose onto. It isn't "air horn" style. If you want something that is straight up functional, get a TiAL. If you need a recirculating one, buy a Mitsubishi DSM BOV.

I was only giving an example. No im running a tial knock off from silliconintakes.com. It works great for me but would not for you because your wanting to recirculate yours and it doesnt have anyway to do that.

And blaming ignorance and a lack of communication to what your trying to get across on your AGE is ridiculous. There is members on here that are 18 and under that communicate just fine with us "older folks" (im only 25 btw so its a joke)