HybridZ

S30 2+2 Quarter glass mounting on a coupe

Neither Does---they are both open.

The biggest obstacle is the form of the glass is totally different and would require structural modifications to the body or extensive fabrication of the surround to fit the coupe.

Neither Does---they are both open.

The biggest obstacle is the form of the glass is totally different and would require structural modifications to the body or extensive fabrication of the surround to fit the coupe.

I was much more thinking of modifying the Glass rather than that body, but using the brackets from the 2+2 glass. Why would we need to change the body?

Phar?

• 2 weeks later...

So how does the latch on a 2+2 work, it mounts to the body with 4 screws right? , and on the front edge it mounts with a pair of tabs? Anyone got a 2+2 they can take a couple picts for me? I was thinking I should be able to drill the coupe quarterglass to take the mount for the latch, but I'm not sure the difference on how the front would mount, or how the weatherstripping is any diferent. I seem to remember the 2+2 had a different type of interior weatherstripping for the window.

Phar

Ill sell you a set of 2+2 windows for really cheap. Includes the front tabs and you could use them for your conversion.

As for weatherstripping, pre 280z had the weatherstripping on the quarter window opening. 280z'z have it on the window and the rear edge of the window.

I guess I'm missing what someone is defining as a "pillar"...

This would be a 'B' pillar position, and like I said, neither a coupe or 2+2 has a "B" pillar, just some window framing giving that appearance.

Same as, say, a 65-69 Corvair. Looks like there's a thin B-Pillar there, but it's really just a trim garnish attached to the rear 1/4 window.

As opposed to, say, a Four-Door 510. Or an S130. An S130 has a B-Pillar. The S30 in both coupe and 2+2 form is open from the back 'C' Pillar, to the 'A' pillar, the only thing that goes where the B-Pillar would normally be is trim garnishes, and the door's glass framing.

I guess I'm missing what someone is defining as a "pillar"...

This would be a 'B' pillar position, and like I said, neither a coupe or 2+2 has a "B" pillar, just some window framing giving that appearance.

Same as, say, a 65-69 Corvair. Looks like there's a thin B-Pillar there, but it's really just a trim garnish attached to the rear 1/4 window.

As opposed to, say, a Four-Door 510. Or an S130. An S130 has a B-Pillar. The S30 in both coupe and 2+2 form is open from the back 'C' Pillar, to the 'A' pillar, the only thing that goes where the B-Pillar would normally be is trim garnishes, and the door's glass framing.

And that's correct, The Trim from the rear quarterglass comprises the "B" pillar which it's really a pillar since it doesn't support any weight. The tabs I'm talking about for the 2+2 I think clip to the frame where the "B" pillare would be, but only on the top and bottom...

Challenger: PM sent.

Phar

Whether or not its called a "pillar", my 78 has a piece that is removable that fits between the bottom of the roof and the rear of the door jam. Where as my 260's windows mount directly to the body of the car where the normal "pillar" would have been.

ooh I might need those pieces too, please :-D

Thanks! you rock!