HybridZ

74 260Z SU Carb swap pics anyone????

Hey guys I have a 74 260 and just got a set of SU carbs. I will be hopefully finishing this swap tomorrow but I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of their car after the swap, I'm a little stumped with the fuel rail, suggestions greatly appreciated but pics would be the best, I kind of have to see things to understand them.

Thanks

23newengine_com.jpg

There are 3 lines on my fuel rail. .one line with fuel going through it. one line is not being used. The other one Feeds back to my fuel tank I think. I also do not have my vacume lines hooked up. Looks like kenshin just jumped his. (Is this normal? Do these usualy hook up to the vacume advance on your dizzy?)

no i did not. Srdub, I would make sure you are lightly tightening the bottom intake bolts/washers in first and then using those as a resting place for the manifold before you bolt in the top ones. if your manifold is not fitting it may be defective in some kind of way. If you need a new one I can sell you an E88 manifold for cheap, just PM me.

Ben

Hey guys I have a 74 260 and just got a set of SU carbs. I will be hopefully finishing this swap tomorrow but I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of their car after the swap, I'm a little stumped with the fuel rail, suggestions greatly appreciated but pics would be the best, I kind of have to see things to understand them.

Thanks

My swap was done years ago. I eliminated all the extra vacuum operated parts (minus the dist. and booster). I only use the feed and return lines on the fuel rail. It should be a straight forward swap.

Need some help or suggestions guys, there is a reddish spacer on the carbs and at the bottom of the spacer there are 2 holes, now my problem is I ran the coolant hoses and there is coolant flowing from the holes in the spacer. Can the spacer be removed or is there any other suggestions.

Need some help or suggestions guys, there is a reddish spacer on the carbs and at the bottom of the spacer there are 2 holes, now my problem is I ran the coolant hoses and there is coolant flowing from the holes in the spacer. Can the spacer be removed or is there any other suggestions.

Wow! hey, you need to look at the carbs themselves and the manifold, particularly the under side of the manifold where the carbs bolt to it. Ihave found that the little 'freeze plugs' sometimes just fall out, and if you plumb the thing for water, it is going to go everywhere! The spacers you are talking about allow that water to go through the carb base as on the junk carbs you took off. Without resorting to plugging the holes, just make yourself some gaskets out of a corn flake box without the holes and ;use some permatex form-a-gasket on both sides of your new 'gasket'. I have done this swap many times on lots of 260's and 280's and yes, even ZX's. I would say dump as much of the plumbing as you can. All you need is hot water going to the heater and a way for it to get back. All that other crap is for emissions junk.