HybridZ

driveshaft yoke hitting handbrake pivot

Guest digitalz

Guest digitalz

my driveshaft yoke (diff side) is hitting the handbrake pivot (the one above the diff) under hard acceleration.

does anybody have this problem?? my diff mount could be toast or do you have to grind some part of the mount off??

will check mount and bolts later, just wondering if any of you experienced this.

finally got it on the road!

thanks,

kent

Congratulations on getting the car on the road!

I had the same problem the first time I drove my car after installing the V8. I tried a new stock mount, but it did not solve the problem. I ended up drilling and tapping two holes in the front of the diff mount and bolting on a piece of 2" angle iron that extends under the crossmember. The angle iron limits the upward movement of the diff to about 1/4".

Don

Guest digitalz

yeah....that thing was driving me crazy till i got a flashlight to look under there. i put a new mount in but same thing. didn't think it would pitch up that much. when a lot of torque is applied the diff wants to nose up.

i had cables on but guess it was not tight enough. i will try to weld the old mount and try that. if nvh is unbearable then probably go back and add a metal strap on top of the nose to limit travel.

nvh...hmmmm....already loud, cam at idle, coilovers, etc......nvh whats that? thanks guys!